Blog Archive

Saturday 4 April 2020

5 Small Businesses to Support

Hello, troops!

Recently, I've had a lot of messages from people saying they are glad I am showing support for small/local businesses. So, I thought I'd share with you a list of 5 businesses you should go and support!

There are so many amazing local artists out there that it was hard to choose just 5, so if you like this post make sure to let me know and I'll do a part 2.


MEGHAN H MAKES


As you will have seen on my Instagram I'm now an official brand rep for Megan!!! Honestly, this is something I have dreamed of for so long and I am over the moon to be supporting this insanely talented gal.

She is a crochet queen providing custom handmade orders.
I was so lucky yo be gifted one of her bralettes and one of her bucket hats. (If you know me you know how much I love a bucket hat). 

All her items can be made in any colour and any size. She also makes scrunchies, bags, cardigans, and earrings!!! 

Whatever you choose to go for I promise you won't be disappointed, I am so obsessed with everything she makes. 




YELLOW PAIGE SHOP

Shoutout to Micki for Introducing me to Paige's business! She makes hand-embroidered clothes.
As soon as Micki sent me pictures of the t-shirts she bought I was in love.

 Also, I am a huge fan of the name!!

For Christmas Micki actually got me three t-shirts from Yellow Paige shop and I wear them all the time. Again, the great thing is she does custom designs. So you can get whatever you want from it, and I think it makes such a cute personalised gift.

You can pick the size, colour, and desgin of your product which is amazing. I have one lilac t-shirt with a picture of Angelica on it (from the Rugrats - My fave childhood show)

I also have two white ones, one with a dinosaur because I am OBSESSED and one with the outline of Finland (Inside joke).

Her products are so well made, definitely check her out and get yourself some cute bits!






ASH STICH  

For more stunning hand-embroidered pieces check out the talented Ashleigh!

Funnily enough, I also got Micki an embroidered t-shirt for Christmas (Soulmates duh). I went for a custom order and got our matching tattoo embroidered. I just sent Ashleigh a picture of what I wanted and she was amazing.

She also has a range of her own designs and slogans which are amazing. A lot of them are such feminist slogans, really embracing girl power and I am 10/10 a huge fan.

I've also seen on her Instagram that she has workshops! If you are in the Brighton area I'd definitely consider going along.



SLOW GARMENTS



Slow Garments is a new business that I've stumbled across.  All of the products are ethically sewn and made from plastics, fishing nets, and carpets!!! Sorry, how amazing is that.

I haven't bought anything yet but I promise you I will be. The underwear and swimwear look so good, I just can't decide what I want.

As soon as I buy something I'll make sure to keep you updated over on my Instagram page.

A small, sustainable and ethical business? I can't help buy support!



LOVE KIKI DESIGNS

Love Kiki Designs is based in Birmingham and run by Dominika, who makes the most incredible clay earrings.

As soon as I found her account I had to buy something! I won't lie, it took me a while. All the designs are amazing I found it difficult to limit myself.

I think I initially put 7 pairs in my basket but, I managed to calm myself down and choose my two favorites

I've not received them yet as I only ordered them the other day. Obviously, I will be dedicating an Instagram post to them when I do.

You'll have to keep an eye out on my feed to see which pairs I got but as you can see from the pic they are all stunning.





These are just some of the amazing small businesses that I love. Please make sure to support your local artists, it is so worth it!

I hope you've enjoyed this post. I've linked everyone's Instagram accounts to make it super easy for you to check them out.


Rach 

x x x x


1 comment: