Blog Archive

Thursday 28 October 2021

Small Businesses to Support - Part two

 Hello troops! 


After a loooong break I am FINALLY back on the blog to share with you all things fashion related 😊.



If you've been with me from the start you may remember a blog post I wrote on small businesses to support, well, here I am with part two! As you know I am a huge lover of small businesses and there are so many incredible ones out there, but today I'm going to be sharing some of my current faves! 


Make sure to keep up to date with me over on Instagram where I'm constantly sharing my sustainable outfits and tagging small businesses. 

                                                 πŸ’—πŸ’—πŸ’—



@xmadebymegx

Ever since I found Made By Meg on Instagram it's fair to say I have been OBSESSED. I'm not typically one to wear an all black outfit as I loooooove colour - especially green, not sure if you've noticed. So as soon as I seen the sage green velour playsuit I knew I had to get my hands on it!! 

I took it with me on a trip to Newcastle and I'm not joking, I have never received so many compliments in my life! 

Meg's designs are incredible and completely unique, and all her pieces are handmade in Scotland. The quality of material is absolutely 10/10 and the small logo detailing is *chef's kiss*. I genuinely can't fault anything. 

My friends are also obsessed, Catrina borrowed it when she went to Manchester and We're already talking about what other items we want to buy.


How did By Meg start 

"By Meg started off just as a hobby and then as I got more interest I really started to think about how disconnected we are to our clothes and about “throwaway culture”, I wanted to bring that sentimental value and love for clothing back by making high quality, well made clothes that you can’t get from fast fashion! And my fav thing about the business is that I’ve had so much feedback telling me how confident people feel about themselves when wearing my stuff which is just the best thing ever πŸ₯Ί"


There's so many gorgeous bits available at the moment on her site - I've picked out my top 3 to show you! - SHOP HERE


Shoutout to the BEST soap about - handmade, cruelty free and all vegan except from 'Goats milk and Oats' (However, one they have sold they won’t be coming back- making the full business veganπŸ˜†). Trying out new skincare products is always a risk for me as I have super sensitive, acne prone skin (I've also suffered with eczema). However, Soap Loft was recommended to me by a bestie (thank u Guri) so I knew I had to give it a go. 


All the soaps looked stunning so it did take me a while to choose, but I ended up going for 'Dead Sea Clay', and 'Golden Glow' and omg am I in love.  First of all there are gorgeous, secondly they smell DIVINE, and finally they are perfect for sensitive skin!!

I let my three year old niece use the Dead Sea Clay soap the other day, and she said it's the prettiest soap she's ever seen, so if that doesn't encourage you to buy one I don't know what will. 

About Soap Loft 


"The Soap Loft, mindfully made handcrafted soaps with luxurious oils and butters to produce affordable products that are especially made for you and your skin. All of our soaps contain our star ingredient Hempseed oil and produce a luxurious creamy lather. Plastic free, cruelty free and palm oil free. Perfect if you’re looking to reduce your waste without compromising on skin-loving ingredients to pamper your delicate skin and beautiful scents."


Quote ‘Rach10’ for 10% off your order, valid until 31/12/2021 


Definitely check out Kiran's website and treat yourself! - SHOP HERE

 

   


@twins.earrings  
I may be a slight jewellery addict so of course I had to include Natasha and Emily's amazing business!
I've only recently discovered them, and actually found them first on depop when I was looking for some Autumn inspired earrings. 

The earrings that first drew me to them was the resin leaves, as soon as I seen them I fell in love. However, when I went back on to depop to buy them they had been sold - believe me I was heartbroken. I tried to find similar ones elsewhere but failed. 

A few days later I got a delivery and there were the earrings !!! My bestie Guri (wow 2 shoutouts in one post, you're doing well) had seen I had liked them on depop and bought me them as a surprise.😭 Not only that but she got me another two pairs and let me tell you troops, I've been wearing them non stop. 


About Natasha & Emily 


"Our aim is to make products that make all of you gorgeous people feel special, but at an affordable enough price to be accessible; it shouldn't cost the earth to feel like a boss!"



Stunning, excellent quality, and great prices, check them out - SHOP HERE











@lynnekayennestudio

Linda originally reached out to me via Instagram back in September last year. As soon as I checked out her account and seen she was all about promoting ethical fashion while also representing her heritage and culture I knew this would be a brand I would love. 

I was absolutely over the moon to work on a collaboration with Linda where she sent me the most gorgeous bag that I use all the time!!!





Not only that, but I was very kindly gifted one of their twin sets as well ( which was tailored exactly to my measurements). Sorry, but how gorgeous??? I also love that this is created to be lounge wear but chuck on a pair of heels and a stunning crop and this could easily be dressed up.
I was also sent another package the other day with some Malawian coffee which I am soooo excited to try - anyone who knows me knows I am a coffee addict. As well as the coffee I was given another beautiful shirt, I'm yet to wear it be keep an eye out on my Instagram to see how I style it.
Why did you create LKS?

"How I started LKS was having a conversation with a friend who shared with me that Malawi was only known for its associations with Madonna and poverty this lit a fire in my bones and was the motivation for be to birth Lynne Kayenne Studio with the desire to build a socially impactful contemporary African inspired womenswear label - Made in Africa for the world.
My favourite thing about building LKS is our community which has always been close to my heart. Being able plough resources back to women living in poverty, creative youth as well as planting trees and supporting forest conservation projects in Malawi through our partnership with Ripple Africa."

3 ways I've styled the Anthea bag - SHOP HERE


Thanks so much for ready troops ! Please let me know if you end up buying anything from any of these businesses - I would love to see what you get :)


Rach x x x 















No comments:

Post a Comment