Blog Archive

Sunday 22 September 2019

Second-hand buys

I've always enjoyed going round the charity shops to see what bargains I can find, but this year I've really started to buy second-hand a lot more.

I thought I'd share some of the great second-hand pieces I've picked up over this year, starting with my charity shop finds.

Firstly, this amazing blazer!!! If you follow my Instagram page you'll have seen this already as I am obsessed, it's perfect for work as well as more casual wear. Blazer's have been so on trend this year and I had been on the look out for one that I loved. Every time I'd find nice ones online I could never commit to buying it. I was out for lunch one day with Catrina, on Byres Road, and we decided to pop into a few of the charity shops just to have a look about. As soon as I seen it I feel in love, and when i seen that it was only £4 my decision was made easy. I've already worn it loads, and I know I'll continue to wear it for a long time.


Another absolute bargain I found was a Nike sports bra, in a charity shop in Paisley! Again, i had been out for lunch with Catrina (She definitely has the luck of the Irish), and I was talking about how I'd recently gotten into the gym and needed a sports bra. The first charity shop we went into I found this one, and it was only £2! As it's Nike it's such good quality and I couldn't believe I got it for so cheap. 



As well as charity shops, Depop is a great place to buy second-hand clothes - especially if you're looking for a specific item. 

I really wanted a suit for work, and actually found so many on Depop, I finally managed to decide on one and I am obsessed with it! The style, and the colour is just amazing and so me. It cost £30, which I think is a really good price considering it had only been worn once and is originally from Topshop.




Finally, I just had to show you this cute co-ord! Including the fact it's more sustainable, and cheaper, I also love the original pieces you can find when buying second-hand. I wore this skirt on holiday with a little bandeau top that I already had and it was such a cute look. The top is my favourite, I just love the high neck and the statement sleeves and think it's the perfect top for a nice night out/birthday event etc.
(Don't have any pictures wearing the top, but whenever I do it'll be posted on my Instagram)


Rach x x x 

No comments:

Post a Comment