Blog Archive

Sunday 13 October 2019

Influenced by TV

There are so many things that influence my outfits, I'm always looking at things around me to see if I can take inspiration from it.

Film and Television is a huge influence for us all, I actually wrote my dissertation on it last year - How fashion in film and television impacts consumer behaviour (don't worry I wont bore you with all the details). I really enjoyed researching into that and it got me thinking about which shows/characters have influenced my own fashion choices.
I thought it would be fun to share a few of the main  TV shows that have influenced and shaped my sense of style!

Kelly from Saved by the Bell is the first character I remember taking inspo from, I would sit for hours and look up pictures of her outfits and find similar things on eBay etc. I was totally obsessed with the whole 90's look, from the mom shorts and denim jackets I loved everything she wore. I'll post some pictures below of Kelly's outfits in case you aren't familiar with the show.

Even today, I love the way Kelly dressed and definitely emulate it in my every day style!


A character instantly recognisable by her headbands is Blair Waldorf from Gossip Girl. I'm sure many people would agree with me that they've took fashion inspiration from Gossip Girl, as fashion was hugely incorporated into the show. I used to wear headbands 24/7 from the ages of 12-16, and I've recently started wearing them again. I can never put one on without thinking about Blair, I've even had people comment on my outfits saying they give off Blair vibes! As well as her iconic headbands, Blair had such a chic and sophisticated style that I always thought was amazing. Each episode of Gossip Girl I'd watch I would envy her looks. For some reason I am always drawn to her for inspo in the winter, here's some of my favourite Blair looks.




The last character I'm going to share with you is Aria, from Pretty Little Liars. I'm currently re-watching PLL and it reminded me of how much I loved her style a few years ago. She was always so unique which is what drew me to her, and when I was about 16 i liked to dress in a similar way. It's funny, as I watch the show now I look at her outfits in the earlier seasons and they are definitely not the sort of thing I would wear but I do feel nostalgic when I look at them, and I still appreciate her different looks. I'm only on season 4 of the show at the moment, but as I'm looking up her outfits I think I am definitely more drawn to her style in the last few seasons now.


 Over the years I'm sure I've taken inspiration from a number of TV shows and Films, but those three are without a doubt the ones that stand out to me in playing a big part in my fashion choices over the years.


Rach x x x
















No comments:

Post a Comment